Sunday, July 08, 2007

just in

just in from monterey and although i squeezed a lot into a 72 hour timeframe, the trip still somehow cooled me down to a slower pace. like taking a deep breath.

i don't know what's the matter with me, but i always forget to pack a jacket for monterey. it's like this disgustingly misleading optimism comes over me as i look over my suitcase, thinking "it could be warm in monterey... it is summer afterall" - and of course the fact that i have to carry around wet wipes with me through the airport in denver - it's been THAT sticky and hot - it's hard to imagine needing a jacket. but the CA weather was night & day with colorado's, of course. breezy in the day, foggy in the afternoon, "brrrr" at night. it's still miserably dry hot here, although we're getting a few sprinkles of rain as i speak, and i swear i think i heard my poor car let out a big sigh of relief.

chris is working a really bad, stressful event this week which really sucks, but the one plus side to that is lots of B-52's and Erasure will be blasting from the apartment stereo after i get home from work (i know, poor derby)

still hooked on etsy lately - check out these bobbie pins i got in the mail today! i lovvvvvvvvvve 'em. you can see a bunch of my favorite etsy artists (if your wallet is up for it) under my link list on the right for 'shopping'.
peace.

No comments: