Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Uh Yuyh, Kaua'i

Chris and I just came back from a week in Kaua'i and boy, is that place the best place on earth. Not just the scenery but the flip-flop lazy way of life. We have been three times now, and adore it more each time. This time we didn't even go to any tourist sights at all, just one hike and the rest of the time we put our feet up, cooked on the grill, walked on the beach right outside our door, and chilled.

I tried out a new little Panasonic Lumix camera on this trip which is much easier to carry on hikes and through airports and things, and I have to admit, I was skeptical, but I am pretty impressed so far. The thing that sucks is it eats up batteries fast, like most little digitals do. It also has some blurring issues compared with my Nikon for sure, but the color saturation and tons of custom settings and features (including "Pet mode" and "Sunset mode" and tons of others) I love.

I am posting more on my Picasa site but here's a few highlights to get the jist. Trust me - the greens and blues have not been photoshopped here!!

here's a t-shirt that Chris bought and totally cracked us both uphere's the rainforesty road that you take to get to our condo, way way up on the north shorehere's the Na Pali cliffs in silhouette, middle of the day
and here's a spectacular view from the Kalalau trail, a 4 mile hike we did on the last dayand a sunset view from the plane on our first day

No comments: