Wednesday, June 25, 2008

OW, MY #$%&*@! BUTT

Those of you who know me well will never believe this, so I had to take a picture. I biked 29 miles round trip today for Colorado's Bike to Work Day with two very patient guys I work with, Larry and Mark. And it was 93 degrees out.

I don't even OWN a bike and I'm relatively sure the last time I biked anything near that far was in third or fifth grade, so this was a BIT of a stretch for me, but I'm glad I gave it a shot...and stuck with it.

Tomorrow, probably not gonna be so glad. It's safe to say from mile 22 onward all I could feel was my pubic bone. TMI, sorry, but that bike seat feels like hard concrete!

Tonight I was so grateful that we have a hot tub in our neighborhood but unfortunately the second I stepped in, thunderstorms ensued directly overhead - and it's an open-air hot tub. Within minutes, a tree had been struck by lightning 10 feet away from me, no exaggeration.

My neighbor half-laughingly, half-dead serious shouted "time to come inside!" Meanwhile poor Derby had closed himself in the bathroom out of panic. I've trained him well to prepare for a natural disaster, apparently.

If that's not enough, read this hysterical unrelated story in the Denver Post today about strippers and children on a golf course together that is also too great to be true. The quotes by the manager are my favorite. I wonder if she still has her job today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm proud of you!

-belochka

Unknown said...

the biking thing sounds fun! good for you. where'd you get the bike?
that golf story is hilarious. kinda trashy that they would even host a strip club event...could you imagine that taking place at pebble beach??

Anonymous said...

I know, I loved how it was Shotgun Willie's charity event too.

I borrowed a bike from one my coworkers. Happy birthday next week Kate!