Friday, August 08, 2008

finally something to sing about

All year I have been hoping to get around to this but after a scorching hot summer slipped on by, I realized yesterday that I'd better hurry. The first weekend in September I am taking a pilgrimage to Georgia (of all places) to visit the hometowns of my heroes - namely Otis Redding who is from Macon, and has a temporary exhibit celebrating his life and career at the Georgia Music Hall of Fame. While I'm there, might as well pass through Eatonton where my favorite writer, Alice Walker is from, and it's always been on my list to check out Athens, GA where R.E.M, The B-52's, and Indigo Girls all got their start.

It's not really easy to find a cheap flight to Macon, so big props to my dad for donating me his Delta miles. I already have a list of comfort food places to try, but if anyone has any other recommendations (specially for a church on sunday), post 'em here! Can't wait!

Here's part of the mix I'm taking along.

MixwitMixwit make a mixtapeMixwit mixtapes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do not miss the Blue Willow Inn in Social Circle,Ga. About an hour north of Eatonton and just a little out of the way on your way to Athens.