Friday, January 16, 2009

oops...

sorry i only just now noticed that my mixwit gadget was broken. looks like they went out of biz due to copyright issues. maybe if you're really good, they'll be a mixmas next year!

pictured right is one of my ALL TIME favorite gifts, a new warm & fuzzy Bula hat with iPod earbuds built into the ears. rather than sticking any plugs in your ear canals, there's little soft speakers next to your ears. i wouldn't have guessed it to be unisex based on the Greta Gunther braids but it must be 'cause it's really big and stretchy, and we all know i already have a bigger than usual head (chorus of 'yups').

Friday morning i test drove the pod-hat on my train/bus trip to work, and the mini-ear speakers were so crisp, i tended to keep glancing around to see if anyone else could hear my Bel Biv Devoe blasting and was snickering at my expense. I really didn't want to be that guy. but it seems to be a solid cover! and really fantastic sound. next question - how can i wear one of these year round without looking like Sam in Garden State?

No comments: