Tuesday, March 03, 2009

to hell with yellow pages

i remember recently my mom was visiting and asked for my yellow pages and i said - what? yellow pages! what's that? my yellow pages is google. and she was like, well what if the power's out? and i was like, i'd use chris' blackberry...

she has a good point but one yellow pages every 10 years is enough for me to find the emergency number to dial (which i'm pretty sure is 911).

i hate the endless free yellow and white pages that get dumped on our doorstep every other month from various competitors. i just have to haul them to the nearest recycling center in my polluting car. so i was delighted to find an overall opt-out list today! it's a green movement towards less junk mail, just like Catalog Choice. do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am doing this now!!

--Amy