Sunday, March 04, 2012

life's a bummer when you're a hummer

Work is busier in February than any other month, so I can't tell you how ready I was to embrace March 1st last week.

These last few weekends, I've been itching to go for a long drive, so yesterday with nothing major on the agenda, I took a drive out west to the Berkshires and did a little driving around Lanesborough, Pittsfield and shopping in Northampton. Funny - Bostonians keep griping how we've had no Winter this year, but the western part of the state sure has had Winter! There were frozen waterfalls everywhere and four inches of snow from Springfield onward. Here's a candid photo of the beautiful Lake Pontoosac, where my mom grew up ice skating (her house backed up to the lake).

Generally one of my favorite things about a road trip is the iPod karaoke opportunity for hours on end, but yesterday it was just not gonna happen. A case of laryngitis has been going around at my office, and it traveled to me just in time for birthday weekend. I actually don't feel very sick, but my voice is completely gone as of this morning, so I now have a whole new appreciation for text messaging. My iPod was having a solid day yesterday regardless, and made me the most perfect "shuffle" mix for the drive, which is here on spotify.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that pic with the colored wall and your boots...cute socks! please tell me you were wearing a skirt, and not shorts with giant leg-openings! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - no shorts - it was my black rain coat over a dress