Thursday, January 19, 2017

The one whose forehead reads "Nutcase"

Today I rode my bike to work which was really, for me, the point of a new job, and even though it was a bit frigid and the road bumpy on my butt, I was so happy to get a fresh air commute, some head space and a little fitness in my day, since José and I are both gym-repellant.

I wanted to bike a few days sooner, but was waiting on a repair of the gears, and Boston's also had a bunch of rain recently. Memorial Drive had a little frost on it this morning, but it was pretty and bright.
I refuse to sink a ton of money into new gear, so I have been fortunate to come across a used bike from my upstairs neighbor that just needed a hearty tune-up. I found a bright pinkish-red Old Navy vest and a thick Polartec sweatshirt in Kendall Square's Garment District for under $20. I found these adorable pins on Etsy's The Found store recently which certainly are timely this month. They also have Michelle Obamas and Michael Jacksons (pins) that I love.

At left, is a photo on my first day of school, I mean, work, celebrating a new blue I painted on the walls of our home entry-way over the Winter break. The hall color used to be a dark lime green, close to the green in the film Amélie.  Our dogs are really great at being in photos, but not great at facing the camera! 

While I was doing the above painting project, I discovered while draping blankets and sheets over surfaces for protection, that our dogs really prefer to sleep with a curtain in front of their dog beds! When I left a sheet hanging on their "bedroom" for a few hours, they slept so soundly. Now when we leave for the day, we put this blanket down and they don't even wake up immediately when we first come home. Happy accident.

This evening, I received a little package of delight from my cousin Katie in Exeter: Mr. Men Royal Mail stamps! I love the hot pink scribble, Mr. Messy, but Mr. Tickle is a close second favorite and Mr. Bump a third.





2 comments:

Cami said...

I just wanted to give you a 👍🏻. I loved riding my bike to work, when I was able to. It is such a great way to stay in shape, and environmentally friendly. It's really not an option for me anymore, with all the gear I have to lug, I am jealous :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the (dorky) thumbs up, Cami. Love ya. : )
I hope I can stick with it. I really need the fitness and fresh air in my life.