Wednesday, January 02, 2019

final blog post

Hi, All,
Keeping up my blog was so fun between 2006 and 2012 however I've learned since May that when I changed the gmail account associated with it back in 2015, that change inadvertently deleted all the photos associated with posts older than 2015.

For the past year or so, I thought I might restore these one at a time, but it probably would have taken me a year to do, so I gave up on the idea. At least my last dozen posts below have their photos in tact.

2018 ended up being a terribly challenging year while I started a new position in corporate social responsibility in June, and was laid off quickly after I started.

At first I felt embarrassed and didn't know how to explain this to future employers, but a few friends encouraged me by saying that it happens to most everyone, and I came to realize I don't even have to explain it. I also started to realize the turn of events was a gift because so many interesting companies had openings simultaneously in the fall.

I am thrilled to be starting a new job tomorrow, and am feeling great about the multi-faceted, fascinating and demanding role at an organization that does incredible research for the greater good of the world (keeping the bigotry-fighting flame of Facing History lit)! Jose also began a complex and high stakes job in 2018, as I noted in my last blog post, at a very small startup organization and he immediately said it's like you're using much more of your brain than ever before.

While I try to focus on other efforts in 2019, I am going to take time off blogging here, but in the future, I may come back and post travel stories or other adventures. I am often on instagram at www.instagram.com/laraonthemta

Cheers,
Lara

No comments: