Sunday, October 10, 2010

kismet

that's Hingham Bay

Things are going so incredibly well in Boston that I'm seriously starting to feel suspicious that I died and went to heaven and it's like in The Sixth Sense where I missed the memo. Pinch me!

These last few days I've been looking for a used black mini and was hoping to avoid the 3 major mini dealerships, and then last night one showed up on Autotrader, which just happened to be at a little import dealer/shop in Cohasset, a small coastal town which looks a lot like Maine. It just so happens Cohasset and Hingham are exactly where I'm thinking we may live. It's expensive down here, but right on the Bay, and you can either take a commuter rail train or a FERRY into Boston Harbor. It's sort of half-way between the Cape and Boston suburbia but is neither here nor there. They have a Stop & Shop, an Old Navy and a Panera but no big ol' malls.

So I'm giving it 24 hours to think it over and work out the price, but I am thinkin' this is the mini for me. It's pretty much the same one we rented in Spain.

Hanging out at Panera now, nibbling Greek salad and a "muffle" (a muffin top - wait - Doesn't Elaine from Seinfeld deserve some credit for inventing these?) and thinking about the next thing I need, a used bicycle for Porter and Davis Squares. Car, bike, mattress and TV are on my to-do list.

Interviews are going slowly but at least that's giving me some time to get settled, fingers crossed.

No comments: