Monday, October 11, 2010

New Englandy

Nope, not stock photos. This was just a day in my drive around Boston today. It's "parents weekend" in Cambridge and Boston, so the traffic was terrible but the scenery was out in full bloom and everything's especially idyllic with the trees turning colors. You might as well draw in the cartoon bluebirds singing.

I actually got a flat tire as a casualty from pulling over suddenly to take a picture of the Charles below, but oh heck, it was worth it. The white traditional church below is the Battle Green of my first hometown, Lexington, the exact spot where the Revolutionary War started. No wonder I'm such a fiercely independent type.




2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

my sis said "The east coast is so much more Lara than Denver." So we're both glad you are back there.
:)